Monday, February 14, 2011

Tony Hawk Skateboard Cake





Tony Hawk Cake I finished over the weekend. Truthfully, I had no idea who Tony Hawk was until after I started to do some research for this cake.  I knew I wanted to make this cake look like a skateboard because what little boy wouldn't think a cake in the shape of a skateboard isn't cool? Added an image of one of Tony Hawk's skateboard impressions and from there everything started to just come together.

My hubby helped me out with the wheels and brackets because he is meticulous about proportions and measurements so I enlisted his help with this cake. Thanks Dan! It was definitely a team effort on this one and I'm glad you are able to share my enthusiam when it comes to cake...and pretty much everything else.

Last detail I added on this cake was the eight ball to represent the birthday boy's age.













No comments:

Post a Comment